The California Network for Manufacturing Innovation (CNMI) was established as a non-profit corporation for the purpose of promoting manufacturing competitiveness in California through a collaboration of industry, national laboratories, technical assistance, government agencies, academia, economic and workforce development organizations. CNMI is designed to create a unified voice & plan to create programs and physical centers for California’s small and medium-sized manufacturers, so that they may access and use advanced manufacturing technologies to help them grow and compete in the global marketplace.
The goals of CNMI are as follows:
- Improve the transfer of technology to California manufacturers
- Engage other collaboratives to improve funding and resources directed at manufacturing innovation
- Develop industry partners to enhance workforce skills
- Combine research and development efforts of collaborators
- Conduct advocacy to enhance manufacturing environment in California